Friday, September 21, 2007

Violence vs.Peace

For your information, my friend told me there is an exhibition going on in town named "Transforming The Human Spirit" - it carry a strong message that the need of transforming culture of violence to a culture of peace. It will give you more ideas what is violence all about. You may relate violence as robbing, snatching, drug addict, murdering etc, but how many of you know that even anger, jealousy, greedy, say destructive word are part of the violence. If you need to know more, you may bring your family there and check it out.


It is organised by Soga Gakkai International, in fact this is an international exhibition, it keep on rotating in many countries and now is in town. I can't scan you the map but address given as follow.


I myself support this kind of self-examine and self-reflect campaign and this Cultural Dept of Soga Gakkai really did a great job on promoting peace in the world through cultural activities, educations and talks.


I agree that creating awareness among the society is necessary and important because this is the first step to achieve the goal -a peaceful world, however I doubt if this is enough. There are many organisations out there in the world come up with many voices. They try to create awareness also on how to protect our environment and animals, help taking care of poor and weak and many many more. Does this phenomenon tells us one thing - the world is getting worst and people is getting sinful and violence although we are living in the most hi-tech, knowledgeable and advanced society today.


People are empty, facing a lot of problems and challenging than ever, we tend to become more self-centered, selfish and protective. When we live in this kind of situation, do we still have strength and determination to overcome all these problems? One self cannot do anything that's why we need to keep on spreading the news to create awareness among people, and it will become a force - a force which is able to change something.


To me, I believe oneself can do better than this if we have a more powerful strength come in life just because we are too weak to act good. Just as bible says"I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out".


Lastly, please view the schedule and venue of the exhibition as follow, FYI, there are some activities going on for children such as singing, story telling and handicraft making. I am sure your siblings also can get the message out of it. The test of the exhibition is in English, translation is available upon request.


Date: 22-30/9/2007

Venue: SGM Selangor Culture Centre

Lot 23686, Jalan Selampit 29, Taman Klang Jaya, Klang, Selangor

For enquiry: 03-3324 3120


Opening hours: 10am-9pm daily


No comments: