Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Daddy Mommy Are Great!

Just the day before, my friend's 12 days old daughter has entered into CCU (Critical care unit) in hospital due to lung infections. Of course it is a kind of hard feeling especially the mother is not allowed to stay back to take care of her baby. I know this feeling because I sent back my son to hospital on his 4th day to accept the jaundice treatment too . When doctor advised that he had to accept the treatment , my tear just couldn't be controlled and streamed down from eyes, even a day separated you felt sad.

In July, Li Ya had entered into hopsital too due to high fever. For two nights spending in hospital, as we stayed in the 4 shared-room, I was able to see few sicked children with their parents. The first whole night I couldn't sleep tight because of the hard chair I lied, but the main reason was the children next bed was awoken on and off and had nasty reaction and crying. I heard the mother was trying her best to comfort her, I heard the mother's patience and soft voice to try to calm her down. It touched me a lot.

Patients turnover rate in hospital is just like in corporate world, the next day came in a one month old baby with lung infection. The baby was so cute and pretty, his daddy and mummy were very tender to his need, pampered him with soft voice. I was just so touched
when heard them talking to him and felt so warm and happy for the baby. I noticed that the parents didn't take any food until late evenning., they were just too worried and had lost their appetite.

I have a very strong feeling after this 3 days 2 nights, I think how lucky are those children with parents, however how sad are those without parents. I am very glad and feel blessed because I already have two children, they make my life complete. Will they feel the same like what I feel?

If you are a child of your parents:
Please love your daddy and mommy because they have been so great to us even we have grown up now, their care and love to us is still just as tender as before....

4 comments:

L'abeille said...

My parents once told me that they would rather be the one suffering from illness. Looking at their daughters lying on the sick bed is such a painful sight!

Sammi said...

Yes, I agree this should be what most of parent's think.

Sasha Tan said...

jayden was hospitalized few months back and i slept with him in the covered bed. I was sick also that time, while he was on drip upstairs i walked downstairs to the ER to get drip myself. That time, i thought ...the sacrifice of being a mom. priceless..

Sammi said...

Sasha,

Love is sacrifice, and they worth it.